1. Should All Members reset their password?
Members can check whether they are able to login and see their member status using their existing password. If they are not able to, then they have to reset their password to enable them to see their member status and to vote for the current Election.
2. What is the password resetting process ?
The password resetting process will be sent to All Members. It will be published in the IIA website as well . The members can use the following link to view the password resetting process.
Link- : https://indianinstituteofarchitects.com/pdf/Password_Reset_Process.pdf
3. Who is a Valid Voter ?
Any member who has cleared his/her dues upto the year 2023-2024 by 8th May 2023, will be a valid voter.
4. Upto which year, a Candidate / proposer/ or Seconder should have paid their dues , for IIA National Council/ Chapter/ Centre/ Sub Centre Elections?
The Candidate, Proposer and Seconder for National Council/ Chapter/ Centre/ Sub Centre should have paid their dues upto March,2025.
5. How will a Candidate Submit his Nomination ?
The Nomination Forms are sent to All Members of IIA. It is also published in the IIA Website. Those who wish to Contest for any post in National / Chapter/ Centre / Sub Centre shall take a printout of the relevant form , fill it, sign it, get signatures of the Proposer and Seconder, SCAN it in PDF format and send it to the election designated email Id (firstname.lastname@example.org) mentioned in the form.
6. Shall IIA inform the voting process?
Yes, shall be placed on the Website.
7. Should a member cast all votes for National / Chapter/ Centre/ Sub-Centre in one go?
The member can choose to vote for the different Ballots at different times, during the stipulated Voting period. But Once Voted, one cannot revisit the Ballots.
8. How to check whether my Vote has been cast?
You can login to the website and check your ballot. If you have Voted it will show a message that ‘you have voted’.
9. Will there be a back end record of the Votes Cast ?
Yes. The record of the time of voting, membership no of the voter, and IP address from which the vote is done will be viewable by the scrutineers after the start of the counting. To whom the Vote has been CAST shall not be Visible in this back end record.
10. Who is eligible to get the Voters list with e mail ids from IIA HO ?
Voters list can be shared to those Candidates whose names are announced in the final Candidates list. It will be shared to those candidates who write to IIA HO assuring that this list will not be used for any purpose other than contacting the Voters for Election purpose. If it is found that the list shared to any candidate is misused, it can be considered as a misconduct.
The list will be shared in the following manner:
a.. For Candidates contesting in the National Election , the National Voters list with Names of the members and e mail I’d will be shared.
b. For Candidates contesting in Chapter Election the list of the respective Chapter alone will be given. In the same way Candidates contesting in Centre and Sub Centre Elections will get only their respective lists.
Note- The Mobile no’s of Voters will not be shared in any case.
11. Whether the Candidates, Proposers & Seconders can pay their dues upto 2024-25 ?
Candidates, Proposers and seconders who have paid their dues upto 2023-2024 and published in the voter list, can pay their dues upto 2024-2025 until the 22nd May 2023.
12. If a person is proposing or seconding a nomination, can it be done for more than one candidate. If so is there a limit to this number?
A person cannot propose or second for more than one candidate for the same position. A person can propose or second for different positions.
13. The eligibility criteria mentioned for nomination to posts in the Chapter is mentioned as “shall have served as Member of the Executive Committee of the Chapter/Centre/Sub- Centre at least for one full term of two years”. Does this mean that the executive body members of a Centre or a Sub-Centre are eligible to contest for the posts of Chapter and vice-a-versa?
For office bearers position of a chapter one should have been a member of the executive committee of the chapter. This includes the Centre Chairman who is part of the EC of the chapter
14. For any further clarifications an email can be sent to IIA HO: email@example.com only. The clarifications will be posted on the IIA website in the FAQs.
15. Can the proposer & seconder propose or second more than one candidate?
Yes. However, proposer & seconder can propose or second only one candidate per position.
16. Are Lifetime & Onetime same?
17. Are executive committee members & member of the executive committee the same?
18. What is the procedure if there are two or more nominations from any candidate are valid for different positions?
If there are two or more valid nominations from any candidate for different positions they shall remain so until the date of withdrawal. The candidate can choose to retain the nomination of one position and withdraw the others. If not withdrawn, the scrutineers will retain only the nomination for the highest post submitted by the candidate, as per bylaws.
19. Candidates submitting nominations for the post of office bearers in National/ Chapter/ Centre/ Sub-Centre elections should provide any one of the following as proof of eligibility,
- Copy of the minutes on official IIA letterhead of the respective Centre/ Chapter GB meeting announcing the election results.
- Copy of the note from the parent Centre/Chapter on official IIA letterhead of the respective Centre/ Chapter forwarding his/her name and the post elected to, to the IIA council or Directory of Head Office displaying the candidate’s name.
The above should be self attested by the candidate.