THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS( IIA)
IIA COURSE OF EXAMINATION- SCHEME-2014-15
(Revised from Academic Year 2014-15 and onward.)
The Indian Institute of Architects holds twice a year the Examination for eligible candidates ultimately to qualify an election as Associate Member of the Institute. Upon successful completion of final examination, the Candidate shall seek election as an Associate Member of the Institute as per the rules prevalent at that time. The Associate of the Indian Institute of Architects (By Examination) is at par with B.Arch. IIA Examination is managed, conducted and regulated by the BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS (BOE). At present the BOE conducts the half yearly examination at Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Kolkata, Chennai & Mumbai centres.
The Govt. of India , Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) vide its notification No. 37 dated 5th August, 1992 has recognised the Associate Membership of the Indian Institute of Architects (By Examination) at par with Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture of a recognised Indian University for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government in appropriate field. The Council of Architecture, vide its letter no. CA/5/Academic-IIA dated 14th October, 20-14 has approved Scheme of Examination and Syllabus of Part-I,II, III &IV and granted permission to initiate the process for making fresh enrollment from academic year 2014-15. Students are eligible for COA Registration on the completion of IIA Course and then electing as an Associate of the Indian Institute of Architects (AIIA).
Educational and working experience in Architectural field under the Employer Architect registered with COA and is also a member of Indian Institute of Architect, having 5 years professional experience, will be as under:-
Required working experience such as preparation of drawings, working drawing etc. under the employer Architect.
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION||ARCHITECTURAL EXPERIENCE UNDER THE EMPLOYER ARCHITECT *||ARCHITECTURAL EXPERIENCE UNDER THE EMPLOYER ARCHITECT *|
3 years full time Diploma approved by the State Government with minimum 50% marks in any following Diploma
|In case the Diploma is acquired after 10th Standard working experience should not be less than: –||In case the Diploma is acquired after 12th standard working experience should not be less than: –|
|a) Architectural Assistantship||2 years||1 year|
|b) Interior Design||2 years||1 year|
|c) Civil Engineering||3 years||2 years|
B.E. Civil, B. Tech, Civil
4-year graduation in Interior Design etc.Note: No provision of lateral Admission at any stage or Exemptions in subjects.
- The Employer Architect means Registered Architect who is a member of Indian Institute of Architects and has 5 years Professional Experience,
NATA qualified. (70 marks out of 200 marks).
PROCEDURE OF ENROLLMENT & REGISTRATION
The student, who fulfills the above educational and working experience criteria and qualified NATA, can apply to the enrollment with the IIA Scheme of Examination 2004 (Revised) by downloading the form of enrollment available on the website www.indianinstituteofarchitects.com ; Fill up the downloaded form as per the instructions and forward it to the given below address along with necessary documents & Bank Demand Draft for Rs. 5,000/- issued in favor of “Indian Institute of Architects”, payable at Mumbai.
The Enrollment form duly filled in all respect should be forwarded to the:-
Controller of Examinations,
The Indian Institute of Architects
Plot No.105, Sector-15,
CBD Belapur East
Navi Mumbai-400 614.
After acceptance of Student Membership from a student membership number will be awarded to the Student. The student will be also informed about the eligible date for appearing of Part-I Examination.
THE ADMISSION IS OPEN THROUGH OUT THE YEAR TO THE ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES.
The students are required to appear for Examination only. Student are required to have self study. The IIA will provide Syllabus and Manual for preparing Design Projects. The Course is divided into IV Parts. (Part I, II, III & IV A &B). Students will be allowed to enrolled for next part after a year on passing of all the subjects of previous part.
- RESULT OF IIA EXAM HELD IN DECEMBER 2019
- TIME TABLE FOR IIA EXAMS TO BE HELD IN DECEMBER-2019
- Results of IIA Examinations held in June-2019
- TOPIC OF ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN : JUNE-2019 EXAMINATION
- TIME TABLE FOR IIA EXAMS TO BE HELD IN JUNE-2019
- Results of IIA Examinations held in December-2018
- Topic of Architectural Design & Interior Design for the December-2018 Examination
- Time Table for the December-2018 Examination
- Results of IIA Examinations held in June-2018
- Topic of Architectural Design & Interior Design for the June-2018 Examination
- Time Table for the June-2018 Examination
- Results of IIA Examinations held in Dec-2017
- Topics of Architectural Designs (Part-I to IV) & Interior Design (Part-III) of the IIA Examinations to be held in December, 2017
- Time table of Part-I to Part-IV Examination to be held in December-2017
- Results of IIA Examinations held in June-2017
- Application Form – Part I
- Application Form – Part II
- Application Form – Part III
- Application Form – Part IV-A
- Application Form – Part IV-B
- RESULTS OF I.I.A. EXAMINATIONS HELD IN DECEMBER-2016
Click here to download form for – Application For Bonafide Certificate For Library Membership
Click here to download form for – Application For Bonafide Certificate For Visiting The Site For Case Study
Click here to download form for – Application Format For Appointment Of Guide
Click here to download form for – Application Format For Appointment Of Juror – Part-II & Part-III
Click here to download form for – Application Format For Submission Of Medical Certificate
Click here to download form for – Application Format For Verification Of Marks
Click here to download form for – Application Form for Sudents Membership of IIA
Click here to download form for – TOPIC OF ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN& INTERIOR DESIGN – DECEMBER -2016